20+ Years project management of land use planning projects. Intelligent, helpful, reliable. Lead writer on the world’s largest rural regional plan (2 million km2). Executive Masters in International Metropolitan Governance from a Swiss university.
- A Land Use Planner with experience on three continents. Plans that I lead have all been adopted, are often under-budget, ahead of schedule, and still functioning 5 years later.
- A no-nonsense, big-picture thinker and lifetime learner.
- Efficient and organized, lean thinking. Wasted time = wasting money, life, play, taxes, trust. credibility and family.
- Knowledgeable of most geophysical, cultural, and ecological systems.
- Imaginative and creative. I dream big, and then apply analysis to derive workable innovative alternatives.
- Work Strategically, with a mind to politics and key players, to get to workable solutions.
- Work in Teams, build positive, tight-knit working groups; influence with integrity. Encourage laughter.
- Delegate and Coordinate effectively and with strong attention to Critical Path.
- Communicate simply and concisely, Facilitate meetings, strong Public Speaker. Generate Buy-In for visions.
- Research through literature, consultation, and interviews. Facts underlie defensible recommendations.
- Create Land Use Plans that embody human-nature symbiosis, create pleasing places, steward ecological capital, ensure long-term financial effectiveness, promote human health, and preserve sociocultural wealth.
- Resolve Personal & Professional Conflict as it arises by focusing on de-escalation, separating people from problems, active listening, emotional control, finding common ground, while being respectfully assertive.
- Build capacity throughout all projects, encourage passion in planning.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org referencing N193982.