Executive Director leading the DAI Global Entrepreneurship Program for a Corporate Client which aims to support local enterprise by helping micro and small entrepreneurs turn their ideas into long-term sources of income.
Background on the programme
The Client is a major multinational corporation with operations around the globe. This consultancy is to support one of the client’s global corporate social investment programmes.
The Programme is an important programme for the Client because it supports local enterprise by helping micro and small entrepreneurs turn their ideas into long-term sources of income. Each year the Programme supports thousands of individual entrepreneurs (especially in the formation and validation phases) from primarily factor- and efficiency-driven economies around the world to turn their bright ideas into a sustainable business and to scale up.
The remit of support for the consulting services is global in the countries where the Programme is currently running (Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Brazil, Argentina, Trinidad & Tobago, Kazakhstan, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, United Kingdom, France, Italy) and other potential new country entries such as Qatar and China. The focus for this assignment is the developing countries.
Executive Director (40% FTE – 106 days per year)
The role: Overall project director and advisor to the Client’s global programme team.
- Programme management (including strategy implementation, annual workplan, budget, resourcing, monitoring and evaluation),
- Assisting the client’s global programme lead with strategy development and stakeholder engagement management;
- Facilitation of complex transformational programs
- Supervision of global consultant team
- 15 years or more;
- Extensive programme management skills and experience;
- Building on extensive Micro, Small and Medium enterprises (MSME) business knowledge, especially in factor and efficiency-driven economies;
- Experience with the energy value chain and energy sector and preferably with energy solutions entrepreneurship;
- Able to leverage resources to further strengthen the global programme and develop country-specific solutions;
- Work-product deliverables encompass strategic implementation; proposal of new program product offerings, planning, quality assurance, issues resolution and risk mitigation.
For more information, please contact [email protected] referencing N182707.
This job is no longer accepting applications.